Five Reasons to Fall for Parksville and Sunrise Ridge Waterfront Resort
“And all at once, summer collapsed into fall.” – Oscar Wilde
Goodbye summer skies and hello pumpkin spiced lattés and comfy sweaters. While summer is quickly ending and schedules will soon dictate our lives again–don’t fret! A quick staycation will strengthen you for the busyness to come. Parksville is a wonderful vacation spot, bringing crisp, sunny autumn mornings and healing Island adventure. Slower days means ‘chill time’ and soul-soothing goodness. And, we know just where you should stay…the luxurious accommodations at Sunrise Ridge Waterfront Resort.
Here is our Top 5 List of things to do and see during your stay!
- Paddleboard and Bike Rentals – Guests can choose to paddle board or mountain bike. Concierge has it set up for guests to easily ‘grab and go’ their fave gear. Water or land, Sunrise Ridge has you covered!
- Soak Away Your Worries – With a large seasonal outdoor pool, open from May 1st to October 31st, frolic and splash the day away. Needing to warm up on those cooler days? Jump into the outdoor hot tub, which is open year-round. Feeling the cold, fresh air while bathing in a steaming, hot tub is one of fall’s best pleasures.
- Hiking – One of the most awesome parts of being in Parksville are the hikes. The number of trails to explore, and natural wonders to see, is near-endless. You could spend days connecting from one trail to another. Come prepared and bring lots of water, supportive footwear, and high-energy snacks. Take a peek at our suggestions
- Coombs Village – When you hear Coombs, what is the first image that usually comes to mind? “The Goats on the Roof”! The original owners emigrated from Norway, where green sod roofs are common, and decided to add one to the market building. Legend has it that after a few glasses of wine, it was decided that goats should be added to help mow down the growing grass. The goats became permanent tenants and, today, Coombs Old Country Market has become one of BC’s top tourist destinations. The eclectic village has mini golf, restaurants, and boutique shops with unique finds!
- Beaches Galore – Sunrise Ridge is located right in the heart of Canada’s Riviera and on a soft-sand beach, spanning 19 kms wide. It’s a mecca for rest and relaxation. Source artisan foods from local farms and shops and head down to Qualicum Beach for an al fresco bite. Inhale the salt-tinged air and be mesmerized by the picture-postcard views. If you bring the kids, they’ll be too busy finding sand dollars and catching sea crabs to take away from your down-time. Quick tip! Be sure to check the Tide Chart
They call Parksville a vacationer’s paradise for good reason with its surrounding beaches, lakes, rivers, mountains and small-town charm. But don’t take our word for it…come check it out for yourself! To learn more or book your stay, contact us today.