True Key Hotels & Resorts Ltd. (identified as “True Key” for the remainder of this policy) is committed to maintaining the confidentiality and security of your personal information, collecting it in a responsible manner and only to the extent necessary to provide the quality of services to our members and customers. We strive to be open and transparent in how we handle your personal information.
This policy outlines the type of personal information we collect and receive, the circumstances in which we collect or receive personal information, the policies and procedures we have established outlining the use and storage of personal information, and for sharing certain types of personal information in some limited circumstances, the procedures you should follow if you have any questions or requests in respect of your personal information or our policies and procedures and the person whom to direct such questions or requests, and the means by which to communicate with that person.
The words ‘we’ and ‘True Key’ do not include third party owners or third parties involved in the delivery of services.
In this policy, personal information means information that can be explicitly used to identify and/or contact you as an individual. This includes information about you that is personally identifiable including your full name, mailing address, e-mail address, credit card number or phone number. This policy also includes information on guest preferences and usage, when such information is supplied to or recorded by True Key in the course of transacting business with an individual.
HOW WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- By making a reservation on-line, by telephone at a True Key property, or with a recognized True Key partner.
- By sending your personal information through a contact form. Your personal information will be used by us exclusively to process your request.
- By registering with True Key and it’s monthly email newsletters.
- By communications with True Key regarding service delivery, such as a comment card or e-mail.
- By participating in a marketing initiative (i.e. online contest).
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We do not sell, trade, share or transfer your personal information to third parties except in the following limited circumstances:
- We may disclose a guest’s personal information to a person who, in the reasonable judgment of True Key, is seeking the information as an agent of the guest, for example, a travel agent who is booking a reservation on behalf of the guest.
- Personal information will be shared with a third party involved in supplying the guest with the services they have purchased to the extent necessary.
- Personal information may be shared with a third party retained by True Key to perform functions on its behalf such as reservations handling, data processing or storage, guest surveys or research.
- Personal information may be shared with an agent retained by True Key to evaluate a customer’s credit worthiness or in order to collect a customer’s past due account.
- Personal information may be shared with a public authority or an agent of a public authority if in the reasonable judgment of True Key it appears that there is an imminent danger to life or property which could be avoided or minimized by disclosure of the information, or which disclosure is compelled by legal authority.
- Personal information may be shared with a public authority or an agent of a public authority’s if required by law, warrant or other compelling legal authority requiring such information.
Any such disclosure of a guest’s personal information by True Key to a third party will be made only on a confidential basis conditioned upon the information being used only for the purpose for which it has been disclosed.
SECURITY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will maintain your personal information in secure data storage to safeguard it from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. We will maintain the strict confidentiality of all personal information collected, and will only disclose such information to employees and service providers of True Key who require such information for the purposes set out above. We have entered into agreements with our service providers to safeguard the personal information in their possession. We will only keep your personal information for as long as it remains necessary or relevant for the purposes stated above or as otherwise required by law.
You may also withdraw your consent with respect to the use of your personal information for marketing purposes at any time, subject to legal or contractual restrictions and reasonable notice, by using the ‘Unsubscribe’ methods as outlined in our monthly email newsletters or sending us an email at email@example.com and providing us sufficient personal identifiers so we can act effectively on your request.
THIRD PARTY LINKS
When you visit our website, we may store information on your computer in the form of cookies. Many cookies contain a so-called cookie ID. A cookie ID is a unique identifier of the cookie. It consists of a string of characters by which web pages and servers can be assigned to the specific internet browser in which the cookie was stored. This enables the websites and servers visited to distinguish the individual browser of the data subject from other internet browsers that contain other cookies. A specific internet browser can be recognized and identified via the unique cookie ID. Please see a list of cookies that we use on this Website below. You can use the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on to opt out of cookies.
|Types of Cookies||Description|
|1. Essential Cookies||These cookies are essential for you to browse the website and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of the Website or remembering your preferences as you move around the Website.|
|2. Analytics Cookies||These cookies track information about visits to the Websites so that we can make improvements to our Websites and report our performance. They collect information about how visitors use the Websites, which site the user came from, the number of each user’s visits and how long a user stays on the Websites. It is all aggregated and, therefore, anonymized.|
|3. Functionality or Preference Cookies||These cookies are used to remember information you have entered or choices you make (such as your username, language or your region) on the Websites. They also store your preferences when personalizing the Websites to optimize your experience. These preferences are remembered, through the use of persistent cookies, and the next time you visit the Websites you will not have to set them again.|
|4. Targeting or Advertising Cookies||These cookies are placed by third party advertising platforms or networks in order to deliver ads and track ad performance, enable advertising networks to deliver ads that may be relevant to you based upon your activities on the Websites. They may subsequently use information about your visit to target you with advertising that you may be interested in, on the Websites and other websites. For example, these cookies remember which browsers have visited the Websites. We currently use these cookies through the following platforms: Google, Google Analytics, Google Retargeting Ads, TripTease Retargeting Ads, and Facebook Retargeting Ads.|
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies and to delete cookies. The methods for doing so vary from browser to browser, and from version to version. You can however obtain up-to-date information about blocking and deleting cookies via these links:
- https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en (Chrome);
- https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences (Firefox);
- http://www.opera.com/help/tutorials/security/cookies/ (Opera);
- https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies (Internet Explorer);
- https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201265 (Safari); and
- https://privacy.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10-microsoft-edge-and-privacy (Edge).
COPYRIGHT & TRADEMARK NOTICE
All material found in the pages of this Website is protected under the copyright laws of Canada. Certain names, words, titles, phrases, logos, icons, graphics or designs in the pages of this Website may constitute trade-names, trade-marks or service marks of True Key Hotels & Resorts Ltd. (“True Key”) or its affiliates (True Key Vacations, True Key Adventures, Bighorn Meadows Resort, Harrison Beach Hotel, Sooke Harbour Resort & Marina, SookePoint Ocean Cottage Resort, & Sunrise Ridge Waterfront Resort), or True Key or its affiliates may have been licensed to use them. The display of trademarks, trade names or service marks on pages at this Website does not imply that a license of any kind has been granted to anyone else.
Any unauthorized downloading, transmission, republication or other copying or modification of material posted on this Website, including trademarks, trade names and service marks, may violate federal, common or civil law trade-mark law and copyright law, and may result in legal action. True Key reserves the right to take legal action against any unauthorized use of the trade-names, trademarks and images of True Key and its affiliates found on this website.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
True Key has compiled the information on this Website for the use of guests, prospective guests and travel professionals. The information, material and software algorithms contained in this Website or which may be downloaded from this Website, including text, graphics and hyperlinks, are provided ‘as is’ and ‘as available’.
The information and material contained in this Website are believed to be accurate and complete at the time of their posting. Although True Key attempts to ensure that all information and material remain current and accurate, they are subject to change without notice and True Key does not warrant their accuracy, completeness and currency at all times.
In addition, True Key does not warrant the accuracy, adequacy or completeness of software algorithms and expressly disclaims liability for errors or omissions in any software algorithms.
No warranty of any kind, implied, express or statutory, including but not limited to warranties as to non-infringement of intellectual property rights or third party rights, title, latent defects, uninterrupted service, merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and freedom from computer viruses, is given in conjunction with the information, materials and software algorithms.
True Key Hotels & Resorts Ltd.
PO Box 571
Radium Hot Springs, BC