True Key’s Tips For Business Trips
Travelling for a conference or business meeting is very exciting but it comes with some related stress as well. Here are our top tips to make the most of your upcoming business trip:
- Avoid stress by planning ahead. We would recommend this for any trip but it is specifically important for a business trip. Make sure to know where you are staying and try to book all of your meetings as close to the area as possible. This way you are not wasting time getting caught in traffic or getting lost in a new city.
- Having meeting after meeting is exhausting and that leads many of us to spend the whole trip watching TV in a hotel room. Don’t do this! You can watch TV anytime but you’re only in this new place for so long, try to enjoy it. Use the facilities at your hotel; it’s what they’re for after all. Soak your stress away in the hot tub, work it out in the fitness centre or take a walk on the beach. These simple things will lift your spirits and make you feel involved in the city and leave you ready for the next day.
- One of the best parts of travel (in our opinion) is getting to experience new foods. Do not go to the same chain restaurants that you tend to at home, try something new! Ask the front-desk staff at your resort for recommendations on where to eat and you will often be surprised by the amazing places that you never would have tried before. Eating locally helps support the local economy and gives you great food; it’s a win-win!
- Extend your stay, if at all possible. So your conference is Wednesday to Friday? Perfect! Extend it to fly home on Monday instead. Just those two extra days to explore will make all of the difference, you will be able to really see the city you are in and appreciate it. You would be surprised how two days can change your entire trip. Take the weekend that you would normally spend lounging on the couch at home and turn it into a memorable trip.
- UNPACK! We know, if you’re only there for two days or so unpacking does seem a bit redundant, but it will make you feel a lot more comfortable. Hanging up your clothes as soon as you can will save you time trying to iron them and will make you feel more at home. Unpacking will also save you time rummaging through your suitcase. If you unpack you will be able to grab what you need and head out the door quickly.
Business trips are an important way to network and improve your business but they can also be a great way to experience new cities. Since you’re going to be there anyways, why not make it into a memorable trip? Business trips can be a lot of fun; as with most things, a business trip is only as good as you make it. Do you have any tips that we’ve missed? Let us know in the comments below!